In our first week, we will look at the very first verses of the Psalms.
1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, 2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. 3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
As you read and meditate on this text - please feel free to reply for the community any of the following questions:
1. What part of the text strikes you the most?
2. Is there a word or phrase that has meaning for you?
3. How has this word impacted you previously?
4. What do you personally feel you can learn from this text that would change your walk with God? Or with Others?
5. What could be learned from this text to build up the community of believers at Emmanuel and beyond? And are there any specific ideas that were placed upon your heart?
6. What would be a prayer that you could right that would align your heart with this text?